Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have small, single pore scabs on scalp and neck. Required treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
Small, single-pore scabs on scalp and neck, concentrated around the back of the scalp and upper neck. Head lice 2 months ago. Treated twice (10 days apart). No remaining lice or nits. Friend seems to have same exact condition, both of us for the past 2+ weeks. Friend did not have head lice or treat for lice. I live in north India.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Head lice infection is ping pong infection.It means it gets transferred from one person to other and vice versa.

May be your infection got transferred to her and after you took treatment it got back to you.

May be you need a re treatment foe headlice.

Apply Permethrin lotion over the scalp.

Use a good shampoo containing salycylic acid shampoo.

Also oral antibiotics course of cotrimoxazole for seven days would be needed.
Cotrimoxazole is effective in head lice infection.

Also if you upload photographs of the affected area it would be helpful.

“You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Visit to a general practitioner or dermatologist will be helpful for diagnosis and proper treatment.

Anticipating your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor