Have small movable lymph node on neck and rashes on hand. Sign of lymphoma?

Dr. Pravin Banodkar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Lymphoma
Question: Hi. I have issues with the skin on my hands turning red at different times throughout the day. If this is a rash it does not itch. I have a small lymph node on my neck that is less than 1 cm in size and moveable. Could this rash on my hands be a sign of lymphoma? I have had issues with anxiety since a melanoma diagnosis in April. Is it possible my hands coud be turning red during periods of anxiety? Or could this be doto melanoma?
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
Hello
Welcome!
I would be pleased to answer your query .
A single lymph node is not necessarily related to the itching and rash. If you have multiple lymph nodes in the neck , underarms , groins , that is when you would need to worry about lymphoma .
Your hands turn red at many times in the day is a sign of flushing or urticaria .
This is not related to melanoma . It might be associated more with anxiety levels and stress.
I would suggest you to book an appointment with the Dermatologist to clinically examine your hands as a visual examination of the hands would provide more details .
From your history , however it does not look like anything related to the melanoma or cancer .
take care