Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have small movable lump under collarbone. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 59 Questions
I have a small (smaller than dime) movable lump under right right collarbone close to where the collarbone meets the sternum. It's been there a few months now with no changes in size. No accompanying pain.

I had full physical a year ago with all results coming back normal then. Have not been to a doctor since I noticed it.

Bit of hypochondriac and not sure if Im just paranoid or if this needs attention.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 40 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

According to you, the lump is present for the past few months. I suppose this was not present in your previous examination a year ago.

The lump may not be cancerous. However, it needs to be evaluated by a doctor/family physician. After examination he/she may advise you a chest x-ray/fine needle aspiration if they have any suspicion of tumor.

If they feel it is a tumor of fat (Lipoma), they may even not ask for any test.

Based on your description, I feel it could be some Benign/non malignant lesion. Please do get it evaluated by your doctor with a physical examination.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know, if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor