Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Have small lump in the upper side of stomach. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
i have a small lump in the upper right quadrant of my stomach, under rib cage. some intermittent stomach aches for the past week or so.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 23 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

It is very hard to answer your question not seeing it.
Is this lump located in the skin tissue or somewhere deeper? Is it movable? Is it hard or soft. Does it hurt? Most often such lumps are lipomas or atheromas- benign adipose tumor, completely harmless. In some rare cases intra-abdominal tumor can grow and become present under the skin.
Your stomach ache can be associated with this lump or can be something else. Where is such pain localized, do you suffer from nausea, diarrhea, constipation, blood in stool, mucus in stool, lost of weight? Is this pain related with food intake?

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor