Owl Image

Have small liquid filled bump on the top of head and getting blurred vision. What's going on?

Owl Image
Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Question
Hi I have a small bump on the top of my head I have had it for 2 years now and it is giving me head akes I tried squeezing it and clear liquid comes out but it never goes, my dross are rubbish because it takes weeks to get an appointment can you help? My vision keeps getting blurry and when I stand up everything goes white
Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 54 minutes later
Hi there.
The bump on the head albeit related to vision is most likely a cystic lesion unrelated to the bump. More often than not, what you are describing will be a sebaceous cyst that needs a simple excision under local anaesthesia. Prior to this a B.P & opthalmology (eye) check up is in order in person given your particular complaint. I dont envisage any long term issues. But one has to do this in person with a general surgeon, competent Gp or a dermatosurgeon on the ground & am afraid this is the best advice we can offer online! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD