Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have small liquid filled bump on the top of head and getting blurred vision. What's going on?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
Hi I have a small bump on the top of my head I have had it for 2 years now and it is giving me head akes I tried squeezing it and clear liquid comes out but it never goes, my dross are rubbish because it takes weeks to get an appointment can you help? My vision keeps getting blurry and when I stand up everything goes white
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 54 minutes later
Hi there.
The bump on the head albeit related to vision is most likely a cystic lesion unrelated to the bump. More often than not, what you are describing will be a sebaceous cyst that needs a simple excision under local anaesthesia. Prior to this a B.P & opthalmology (eye) check up is in order in person given your particular complaint. I dont envisage any long term issues. But one has to do this in person with a general surgeon, competent Gp or a dermatosurgeon on the ground & am afraid this is the best advice we can offer online! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor