Have small light brown flat mole on foot. How to remove it?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a small light brown flat mole on my foot which looks no different the. My other moles. I dug and picks at it. Now it is still small but bigger and darker. This all happened two days ago
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
The mole you are describing can be acquired melanocytic nevi, melanoma,cafe u lait macule etc.
Dugging or picking it will not make it go away.
It may irritate the nevus and may result in dysplastic nevus.

Also I would like to know-
Does it cause itching /pain /any symptom ?how severe?
Is it flat /raised /depressed?
Is it of recent onset or occured along with other moles?
Is there any bleeding?

Can you upload the photos of the affected area.
Photos can help a lot in predicting the nature of the condition.

Answer the questions and upload the images(use UPLOAD REPORTS SECTION on right side of the box)We can continue the discussion here.

Anticipating your reply.
DrSudarshan
Dermatology.

Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 38 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. It formed with other moles that looked like it. I have a similar one on my toe. It was the same size and shape. It did not hurt itch or bleed. It was less then 1 by 1 millimeter. Now I did dig through several layers of skin it has a scab over it. It is a dark brown under the scab and slightly bigger. Up until I kept digging it was a light color now dark but it is healing
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 17 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for the details. I still do not have the images for visual clue.
The condition can be melanocytic nevus.As there is no itching ,bleeding the melanoma can be ruled out.
Apply antibiotic cream over it to hasten the healing.As the lesion is healing on its own nothing much is required to be done.
Avoid picking the lesion as it can cause dysplasia and irritation of nevus.
I will be available for follow up.