Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have small bump with pus hanging out of anus. Painful and blood in toilet. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
hi i am 47 years old male and have small bump hanging out of my anus. my anus pains and from today i have seen blood in my toilet. the bump appear to have pus.
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Swelling or painful lump, discharging pus and blood is most likely a boil in the anal region.
If it is long standing then it may be an infected piles.
Ideally it should be examined by a local surgeon, who will decide whether only medicine treatment will do or a surgical drain would be needed according to the local condition.
It should be brought to medical attention as soon as possible.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor