Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have small bump on butt with blood coming from this. Reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 492 Questions
I noticed a small bump on the inside of my butt cheek towards the top of my butt. about an inch from where it meets my back. This morning when i used the bathroom and wiped myself I noticed a bit of blood coming from this spot.
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 10 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
There are two possibilities
1) Small furuncle or folliculitis which has burst open and draining blood but this is usually mixed with pus and self limiting (unlikely recurrent)
2) Fistula in ano or pilonidal sinus both of which present with recurrent bleeding or pus discharge
As per your history, the first one is more likely
In either case, I dont think we need to worry at this stage if you do not have fever and if this problem does not occur repeatedly (apart from the episode where you mentioned that you wiped off a little blood).

Hope this answers your query.
Please do let me know if you have any further questions.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor