Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Have slipped disc and suffering from severe back and leg pain. What could be the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
slipped disc/ herniated disc
My friend has been suffering from severe back and leg pain since 1 week. The doctors have said could be because of slip disc (MRI yet to be done).
My question is how it is caused?
Can it be because of a previous accident 10 months back, which has developed into a slip disc now?
Or how can we determine how it is caused?

Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Accident or long hours of sitting

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Orthopedics, working with an experienced Orthopedician. I answer on his behalf.

Yes, accidents can lead into such slip disc complications in later years.

Also long hours of sitting in a the chairs can lead to such spine defects.

Sometimes infections like Tuberculosis can damage the spine and lead to slip disc.

The cause can be identified through a MRI scan clearly.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor