Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have slightly swollen and tingling calf. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Slightly swollen right calf; also tingly. Need for concern?
Previous DVT in that leg more than 10 years ago. This comes and goes.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Regarding the symptoms which you have described I would recommend that you proceed to see your physician or to a local hospital for examination. Very likely the physician will recommend an ultrasound of your lower leg.

It is very difficult to rule out a thrombosis without performing this ultrasound procedure. Since you do have a history of a XXXXXXX venous thrombosis in the past this is a reason why I would recommend that you obtain an examination as soon as possible. There is really no way to rule this out without obtaining this ultrasound.

Again I would recommend that you see your doctor or go to a local hospital. Thank you for sending your question. If you have any follow-up concerns I would be happy to discuss those with you.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor