Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have slight pain during sex and noticed yellowish clumpy discharge. Is it an STD?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1115 Questions
I have slight pain during sex. I don't poop everyday. When I feel like I have to poop, I get this weird slimy white/yellowish clumpy discharge. What is going on? What doctor do I need to see ? Is this a STD??
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Vaginal infection Detailed Answer: Hello. Delighted to be able to help. With your presentation of slight pain during sex and white / yellowish clumpy discharge, vaginal infection is likely diagnosis. The most common vaginal infection is Fungal Infection that is related to sexual activity but can also be secondary to intake of drugs (birth control pill, antibiotics, corticosteroids) or use of tight underwear among other causes. Also, vaginal infection by Trichomonas, related to sexual activity, should be ruled out. You should be seen by your primary care physician. He/she will collect a sample of your vaginal secretion to analyze, confirm the diagnosis and prescribe appropriate treatment. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer. I wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor