Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have slight bulge of the eye. Will it be cured by surgery? What are the risks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 101 Questions
Hi, I was born with a lazy left eye which I had cosmetic surgery to center to my. Plus I never had vision In that eye. My right eyes seems to be bulged, I guess also birth. I'm not to sure just because I always thought that my left eye was considered to be small because of my lazy eye. But when is actually look at my right eye, it seems like the abnormal one, plus I actually like the size of the Smaller eye. Is there surgery to correct this, plus will I be taking a risk sense the eye that I would like corrected is the only eye that I have vision out of
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

A slight bulge of the eye is normal.If your right eye is normal and not giving you any problems, I would advise you not to do anything about it.

Also there is no surgery by which one can make the eye smaller or bigger.Just make sure you undergo regular eye checkup (atleast once in a year) to make sure nothing is wrong with your right eye.

I hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer any furthur queries,if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor