Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have sleep apnea, narcolepsy and diabetes. Unable to control legs. All tests normal. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
I have sleep apnea,narcolepsy & type 2 diabetes along with other conditions under treatment. For at least 4 times I have been completely incompassitated (not having control of my legs) not remembering everything except I felt like my whole body had shut down. Once I was taken to the hospital & was checked from A to Z & came home without an answer to what was going on.
Toes on both feet are numb & the big toe feels like it's on fire. I don't know what kind of doctor to see.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neurologist would be of greatest help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
This is really good that you are so clear about the problems you are facing & have diagnosis of most of your problems in hand.
As far as I can judge most of your problems involve nervous system & therefore, I think the best specialist to go to is a Neurologist. These doctors have the greatest knowledge of the problems you are facing & therefore are in a better position to diagnose & treat such problems.
If you have already seen one, consider taking a second opinion from another Neurologist.
Consider taking Vitamin B supplements if you are not allergic.
Wish you good health.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor