Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Have sjogrens syndrome with muscle pain and tendonitis. Are these correlated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 219 Questions
Ihave sjogrens syndrome I am having muscle pain level about a 9 I had joint pain rt shoulder that pain is resolved but I have tendonitis rt arm from shoulder to elbow.Physical therapy is not resolving the problem.What muscle problems are related to Sjogren's syndrome? Any other possibilities?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Varanasi Pundarikaksha 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Hydroxychloroquine tablets with neurotropic vitamins Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I read that you are a patient of Sjogrens syndrome with Type 2 Diabetes and also your both breasts are removed for breast cancers and you are taking some medications. Sjogrens syndrome is an auto-immune disease involving exocrine glands and associated involvement of other systems. As you are Type 2 Diabetic, on drugs first thing to consider Neuropathy and if treated appropriately may resolve. Sometimes,Sjogrens patients may also have musculo-skeletal problems because the same auto-immunity may also involve that system,but there is no special prediliction to particular muscles,as you may be more using the particular limb. You may be having pain related to that particular limb and when I come across this situation in my clinical practice, I may prefer Hydroxychloroquine tablets with neurotropic vitamins but the Diabetes should be well controlled. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor