Have sinus problem and bad breath. Proper treatment?

Dr. Gunjan Gupta

Dentist

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Question: I am having Bad Breath. I have sinus and usually morning sneezes. My throat is also not clear in the morning.
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 1 hour later
Hello Babu,
Thanks for writing in.
First of all, I would like to tell you that reasons for bad breath are-
1. Carious teeth in the mouth.
2. Poor oral hygiene.
3. Smoking.
4. Alcohol.
5. protein or dairy products.
7. Few drugs like-aspirin, antidepressant and diuretics.
8. Gastro eosophageal reflux disease.
9. Most likely your sinus problem.etc.....

Babu,if your bad breath problem is because of sinusitis,which is the most common cause in your case,you should follow following-
1.Maintain good oral hygiene.
2.Use mouth wash.
3.Take proper treatment for sinusitis,flushing out the sinus with a saline solution is the most effective way.
Hope this answered your query,if you have further any doubt,feel free to ask.
Take Care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli