Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Have sinus problem. X-ray showed arthritis in wrist and found sugar in urine test. Any suggestion?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
My name is XXXXXXX I am 67, I have physically worked all my life (hate desk jobs), I am a country boy, and I have been in very good health all my life except for sinus problems and that left me when I started build Earth Shelter homes in 1982 ( WWW.WWWW.WW . Recently--3 weeks ago-I stumbled , feel on my right hand. The next day I started having pains shoot from my right hand to my right shoulder and back. I have had my hand, right arm, and my shoulder all xrayed showing no fractors only some arthritus in my right wrist. Today the pains have deministed some, but often wake me up at night. Oh, since then ---SOMETIMES--both my hips have an osolating pain. I do not take aspirn because of my ears. My Va doctor has informed me I have sugar in my urine--my count was 140. Can you suggest anything?

Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
The pain you are experiencing in your hips may be related to the age related osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
And you informed by your doctor that your urine containing sugar.
It indicates that the blood glucose is high and requires further evaluation with fasting blood sugar, post lunch blood sugar, and HbA1c level to rule out diabetes mellitus.
Diabetes can cause pains due to the involvement of peripheral nerves in uncontrolled and longstanding patients.
So I advise you to consult your Physician and go for evaluation with the investigations for diabetes and osteoporosis.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor