Have sinus problem. Getting cold and blocked nose. What are the precaution to be taken?

Dr. Nikul Patel

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I have problem of sinus and I do Nasyakarma for 2-3 days every alternate week. The problem is that I feel that the mucus develops very frequently in my body which results in blocked nose and cold problems. I have reduced intake of dairy products (except tea with milk), banana, potatoes etc as I got to know that these products increase mucus production. I feel that whatever I eat, the mucus production increases in my body. Is there any precaution or medicines that I should use to reduce mucus formation, or to excrete the mucus out of my body.
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 2 hours later
Hello
Welcome to healthcare magic

As per the problem of mild asthma from child hood.
Should have to start the following ayurveda medicines which have to continued for minimum six months.
1. Somasav 10 ml thrice a day with water
2. Vyosadi vati 2 tabs twice a day
3. Naradiya XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras 1 tab thrice a day
4. Syrup Septilin or bresol syrup 3 ml thrice a day
5. Pathyadi ghan vati 2 tabs twice a dayday
Can continue nasya and steam.
Do not take banana, milk products and specially curd.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
Ahmedabad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Nikul Patel 51 minutes later
Thanks for your suggestion on medicines !

I have few queries :

1. Is this problem related to digestion, that the mucus generates as soon as I eat or drink something ? In that case should I take any ayurvedic medicine to improve digestion and immune system.
2. Even after having tea, I feel that the mucus comes in throat. Should I stop taking tea
3. Any more food items to avoid except banana, like rice, wheat
4. For the prescribed medicines, could you please suggest if these have to be taken before food or after food.

Thanks !
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 3 hours later
Hello
As per your follow up query
1. The medicines which I have suggested will works to improve digestion system.
2. You do not need to stop tea. As the medicines will work after which you will not need to stop tea.
3. You can avoid bakery and menda flour foods.
4. You can take all medicines before or after meal as per your comfort.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan