Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have sinus headache. What are the treatment available?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
How is sinus headache treated and which is the most feasible solution for this, do I need to take medicine in long term or will be going with surgery?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query regarding sinus headache.
I have gone through your clinical history and as you said that, you have recurrent attacks of headache, which are associated with increase pressure in sinus and are concern with change in position of head.
To treat sinusitis these few basic investigations are necessary as line of action depends on these investigations-
(1) C.T.scan of paranasal sinuses.
(2) Culture and sensitivity of nasal swab.
(3) Blood - CBC, ESR, blood- fasting & post prandial.
(4) Urine R & M.
Depending on the reports of investigations and co-relations with findings of clinical examinations modalities of treatment is decided. Basically there are two modalities of treatment-
(1) Conservative- i.e. by medicines this includes use of antibiotics, anti inflammatory, decongestant and steam inhalation. If this conservative method fails than surgery is the only answer.
(2) Surgery- This is the most effective way to treat chronic sinusitis. This operation is named as FESS (functional endoscopic sinus surgery).
I hope you query is explained.

With Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor