Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

190 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have sinus and pain below rib. What am I suffering from?

Answered by
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1658 Questions

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I have sinus, from last two days i observed pain at below ribs at left side. I'm feeling like a muscle catch. Also, observed that I had the pain when I cough or sneeze even when laughing. What could be the problem?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 17 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
You are most likely suffering from acute upper respiratory tract infection with muscle ache.
Presence of cough, sneeze with pain at ribs suggest the diagnosis.
With frequent cough, chest muscle and abdominal muscle gets fatigued (cough requires simultaneous use of abdominal and chest muscle) and because of accumulation of lactic acid, patients starts feeling pain in the affected muscles.

There may also be possibility of spread of infection in lower respiratory tract and involvement of affected pleura (covering of lungs) may cause pain.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ chest physician and should get thorough check up.
Chest x XXXXXXX will clarify the involvement of lower respiratory tract.

Though upper respiratory tract infections are mostly viral in origin, still you should take complete antibiotic course for preventing secondary bacterial infection.
You should also take muscle relaxants, decongestants along with cough suppressants for better relief.
Your pain doesn't appear to be due to kidney stones.
Hope this helps you.
Put your queries if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX Will have a thorough check up.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 9 minutes later
All the best,
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Renal stones

doctor1 MD

Hello sir i used Qgold capsules which contain lycopane i noticed that i have problem in my urine after take these capsules many calcium oxalate cells ,red blood cells and pus. I think these are sign of kidney stone . so sir i want to ask is it Qgold side affect ?

doctor1 MD

My daughter has a kidney infection, but it is now going on the second round of antibiotics and it is not going away. She has severe pains in your lower left back and her stomach and last night it was up in her upper left back also. They did a CT scan this morning. But, she also has a bruise on her leg that is not going away, and this morning she has three more and headaches. I am just worried that this is more than a kidney infection or kidney stone like they looked for this morning.

doctor1 MD

My daughter is 18, 5"9" around 190lbs and has had only one medical issue that the doctor in the ER told her was a kidney stone, that was about a year ago. She just told me she has headaches every other day, nausea when she eats, gets dizzy later in the day and blood in the toilet with her bowel movements. This has been happening for the past two weeks.

doctor1 MD

X-ray taken to determine source of back pain. Kidney stone suspected. Found oblong two part white spot between kidney and spine. size 1 x1/8 . What is this? Also left kidney misshape with round circle against wall, while right kidney perfectly formed. What is this?

doctor1 MD

I have a recurring pain in my stmach right side a few inches above my hip, What can it be??

doctor1 MD

I've had a pain in my mid back, more towards the left. It feels like a muscle and sometimes is a burning pain that radiates to my stomach. What could this be?

doctor1 MD

My kidney stones do not bother me why would my doctor want me to get the shockwave procedure done .