Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have severe stomach pain. Getting stabbing feeling near breast bone. Could it be stress related?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
please help me figure out whats wrong. I have severe stomach pain from time to time. It happens atleast once a week. I get a stabbing feeling right under neath my breast bone . Then all my muscles under my rib cage tighten up. Pressure helps but I almost always end up in the floor curled up in a val, screaming. It lasts for about 4 hours. It feels like a gallbladder attack but I had my gallbladder removed in 2007. It can happen after eating, while eating, its woke me up in the middle of the night on several occasions. I've hurt so bad before I've went to the emergency room and they blame it ob stress.
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
You are most likely suffering from gastric ulcer disease.
Your pain is increasing after meal and empty stomch.
You should go for UGI endoscopy, chest x XXXXXXX
You should also consult with physician/ gastroenterologist.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging and CT Scan .
sometimes gall stones may remain in CBD and matly cause pain
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have severe stomach pain. Getting stabbing feeling near breast bone. Could it be stress related? 2 hours later
Ive had no tests done. The doctors in my small town apparently have gotten their degrees out of a cracker XXXXXXX box. I have suspected ulcers from the research ive done but my dr keeps telling me its just stress pains and refuses to do any other testing. Thanks, I will definiatley suggests some of these tests.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 minutes later
Thanks for appreciting my views.
Hope you will recover with better diagnosis and excellent therapy.
Get well soon.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor