Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Have severe stenosis and degenerative disc disease. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 102 Questions
I have been rejected for the M6 ADR because I have severe stenosis and degenerative disc disease; right now I have 2 options open; Kelowna BC Fusion C5-6-7 Germany C4-5-6-7 decompression by anterior fusion with cage (Fidji by Zimmer) and plate Atlantis by Medtronic with introperative decision on hybrid intervention with DCI by Paradigm Spine. Questions OPTIONS?
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 5 hours later

Thank you for your questions.

I understand your concern and the following are my comments:

1. Once ADR is opted out; then the next best option is fusion.

2. There are many options and each company has different product names.
All these products are available in USA and NA countries
Do you have any particular place in mind?

3. Washington university at 'St.Louis' is a good option to go to.

Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have severe stenosis and degenerative disc disease. What treatment should be done? 40 minutes later
what is the average cost in the US for a Fusion of C5-6-7
and I would like total cost no surprises
that was one reson for going to Germany I know what it will cost
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 22 hours later
As I am currently not practicing in USA, I do not have the up-to-date knowledge of expenses that incurs with such spine surgeries. I apologize about that.

I would be glad to address any of your other concerns.

Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor