Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have severe sleep apnea. Feeling restless and pain between shoulder. Should I be stressed?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
Hi! I suffer from severe sleep apnee, and the whole of today my bpm is 103 breats.... I can feel my cheast is sensitive, and i'm feeling restless, i also have a pain in my neck between my scull and sholders, i don't feel good, any thing i need to be stressed about?

Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 38 minutes later
Thanks for your query. OSA/Obstructive sleep apnoea is indeed a difficult condition to deal with. It is associated with anxiety and depressive symptoms.Effective treatment for OSA includes CPAP/Continous positive airway pressure and at times surgical procedures like uvulopalatopharnygeoplasty. You can also contact a clinical psychologist to learn stress reduction strategies. You require a psychiatric evaluation for anxiety/depressive disorder. With effective multi-discplinary management you should be fine. You an also try yoga/meditation/breathing relaxation exercises along with weight reduction measures.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor