Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have severe pain in bladder and rectum. What can this be?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
I have severe pain in my bladder and rectum, tried to go for a poo a few times but it is too painful and when I wee it really hurts. What can this be?
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 43 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have spasmodic abdominal pain/ vomiting/ diarrhea/ fever/ frequent urge to use washroom?
Do you have pain and tender feeling while using paper wipes?
Are you also getting blood in stools?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of anal pathology i.e. anal fissure or hemorrhoids and acute bacterial gastroenteritis.
Presence of rectal pain suggests the local anal pathology while increased frequency of poo suggests the gastroenteritis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, blood sugar, serum electrolytes, and thyroid profile.

You should take plenty of water, high fibre diet and laxatives containing lactitol and isapgula. Passage of stools easily gives soothing effect with healing in anal pathology.
You should perform increased physical activity to maintain gastrointestinal mobility.
You should also take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics, antispasmodics and complete antibiotic course.

You should also apply diltiazem ointment at anal area.
You should also take hot sitz bath three times in a day.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor