Have severe gerd and stomach pain. What is the required treatment?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in GERD
Question: I have severe gerd have stomach pain almost contantly. It goes to my back reguritating alot cant eat burning in my stomach all the time. feel sick
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Two things will provide complete relief from these symptoms - medications like PPI for 4-8 weeks and certain lifestyle/dietary modifications.

The lifestyle/dietary modifications include -
1. Weight reduction if obese
2. Avoiding coffee, citrus, tomatoes, onion, fatty food, smoking, alcohol, carbonated beverages
3. Avoiding large meals and eating small frequent meals
4. Going to bed 2-3 hours after food.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini