Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have severe bleeding. What are the findings and required treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Aarti Abraham


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 6012 Questions

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Since August 2012 I have been suffering from severe bleeding problem. Medicines do not seem to be working effectively.So please have a look at the reports that I have uploaded and kindly suggest me a better option.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: SURGICAL MANAGEMENT IS BEST CHOICE. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I have gone through your MRI report. You have basically three issues - 1. Adenomyosis - this implies thickening of the muscular wall of the uterus 2. Endometrial polyp - this is a thickening of the inner endometrial mucosa of the lining of the uterus leading to formation of a polyp 3. Thickening of the pelvic lymph nodes. Firstly, for such a combination, medical therapy is not likely to work. You would be suffering from severe bleeding during cycles, as well as pain in abdomen. For a patient with such findings on MRI, who comes to me, I would advice surgical management of the issues. This is because the endometrial polyp certainly requires removal, its size is too big, to respond to medical therapy. The adenomyosis also has not responded since the past one year or more to Primolut N. THe lymph nodes are also suspicious and raise the risk of having a malignant condition. Hence, for you, I would advice a total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo - oophrectomy with pelvic lymph node sampling and pelvic lymphadenectomy. This means - surgical removal of the uterus, cervix, vaginal cuff, both tubes and both ovaries, and removal of the enlarged nodes, and sampling of the ones that cannot be removed. This tissue should be sent for biopsy to rule out any malignant changes. In trained hands, this surgery can be performed laparoscopically. I would ask you to strongly consider this option for long term cure and relief, and discuss it with your gynaecologist. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Lymphadenectomy

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor....My mother 65/F has been diagnosed with Endometroid Adenocarcinoma Grade-II through the endometrial biopsy . She was being treated for post menopausal bleeding and underwent hysterescopy and D &C procedure. After seeing the endometrial...

doctor1 MD

hello Doctor. please find attached my problem. I hope to hear from you very soon. Thank you.

doctor1 MD

After lymph nodes removal from abdominal region in 2013 i have the condition of scrotal lymphedema . Since I have srached the scrotum this afternoon, some liquid is leaking from one side of the scrotum. Is it serious. How it can be treated?

doctor1 MD

I have a patient aged 49 years with mucoal primaries. in tongue (Malignant Melanoma). No neck nodes initially N So, Hemiglossectomy done and level 1, 2 and 3 nodes removed biopsy negative. Nodes After one year level 4 node involved. Radical Neck dissection done. What is the future course of action.

doctor1 MD

Had left neck dissection in March for thyroid cancer that spread to my lymph nodes. 6 days ago I noticed a lump on the left neck, halfway between collarbone and ear, almost in the middle from front to back. Its under the skin. 5 days ago I started taking antbiotics for bronchitis which I have had since the end of May. Could this just be my lymph nodes (of what I have left) working extra hard to get rid of the bronchitis, or could this be something of more concern?

doctor1 MD

I have recently had a lump in my breast removed and was told it had 16mm of cancer....I also had two lymph nodes just outside my armpit removed and one was positive and the other negative. I am now worried as i have surgery booked for the removal of all the lymph nodes in this necessary

doctor1 MD

I had breast cancer 2 years ago, one lymph node was positive. I had lumpectomy , axillary clearance, 8 rounds of chemo and 30 radio. I now have a lump on my neck, on the same side as my cancer, about an inch in diameter, its just below my ear but not exactly on my jawline, I noticed it a few weeks ago, but I m not sure exactly how long ago.