Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have severe back pain ad pain all over body. Had normal MRI of body. Suggest?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5558 Questions
i felt severe backpain for the past 5 yeats. But I am felt frequent pain in same place..some days we felt in center of body (below chest piont). some times spinal card, some times left legs (completed getting pain). I have taken MRI scan my body, as per neuro doctor said some disc moved minor point. But the report didn't shows any negative ponits all the status shows good.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 26 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Back pain is a common problem, and the most common cause is pinching of nerves in the back due to disc prolapse. Your MRI has shown that and this could be partly responsible.

In addition, a deficiency of vitamin D and vitamin B12 can also aggravate back pain. If not checked, please get the levels of vitamin D and vitamin B12 checked in the blood.

Sometimes, our posture while sitting, can also aggravate the pain.
You would benefit from consulting a physiotherapist, who could teach you back extension exercises.

Medications such as dothiepin (prothiaden) and pregabalin would be useful.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) CMC Vellore XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have severe back pain ad pain all over body. Had normal MRI of body. Suggest? 19 hours later
Hi Sir,
Thank you very much for your advise...I consult so many doctors about XXXXXXX backpain, but no body not address the Vitamin D & B12 impact. Already, I consult with Physiotherapy, they advised me to take traction for 2 month..that also I finished, but there is no improvement. Finally I consult with Homeopathy Dr. he counseling me and diagnose my problem, due to weakness of (Sexual fluid), and no strength due to my young age wastage of more sexual fluid. Due to that reason I felt that pain. I am also try to take the medicine which was advised by Homeo Dr. That will rectify my pain. But not permanantly. Some times i felt fetter.

What I am tryting to say this..I can't get clear conclusion about my back pain.
Can you please advise me...shall I continue home treatment or alopathy treatment.

Thanks for your valuable time...
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Thank you for getting back.

One thing I want to clarify that masturbation and losing semen is a normal and healthy activity, and it does not lead to back pain. So, we have to look for alternative causes, especially vitamin deficiencies.
As of today, allopathic medicine is better, so, my advice would be to follow allopathic medicines. In addition, continue the physiotherapy also.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor