Have seronegative rheumatoid arthritis. Developed cold sore on lips. Feeling nausea and headache. Migraine related?
I am a 48 year old female with primary hypogammaglobulinemia and sero-negative rheumatoid arthritis. Several days ago I developed a severe cold sore on the left side of my lip ( I have had them before). I have felt very sick with the cold sore which has included a significant headache on the right side of my head radiating into the eye area. Last night the headache intensified and became very dizzy, nauseous, and I could not walk without stumbling. I eventually was able to fall asleep but this morning I still have a bad headache in the same area. Is this anything I need to be concerned about or is it most likely just a migraine unrelated to the cold sore?
Thanks for posting your query.
The headache restricted to the right side of the head radiating to the eye with nausea is likely to be due to migraine which is not related to the cold sore you are having.
From the symptoms it can be primary headache like migraine or sinus headache if you are having any cold or sinus congestion.
Migraine may present with headache for more than seventy-two hours and is often associated with vomiting, dizziness and visual problems.
For migraine headache, try these lifestyle modifications:
1) Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day.
2) Exercise regularly (daily if possible) and limit stress through regular exercise and relaxation techniques.
3) Avoid bright or flashing lights and wear sunglasses if sunlight is a trigger
4) Identify and avoid foods that trigger headaches by keeping a headache and food diary and limit caffeine consumption to less than two caffeine-containing beverages a day.
5) You can also try over the counter pain killers like aspirin or acetaminophen. If still the symptoms persist, then please consult a physician for specific anti-migraine therapy (triptans and ergot preparations).
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Seronegative rheumatoid arthritis
- Seronegative rheumatoid arthritis symptoms
- Seronegative rheumatoid arthritis disease
- Cold hands rheumatoid arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis nausea and headaches
- Rheumatoid arthritis and cold sores
- Rheumatoid arthritis cold legs
- In homeopathy is there a cure for seronegative rheumatoid arthritis
- Seronegative rheumatoid arthritis wiki
- What is seronegative rheumatoid arthritis
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...