Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have sac like growth on buttocks and penis filled with puss. After draining fills up again. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 1561 Questions
i have had a sac like growth under my skin on my left buttocks for several years now. It is filled with a puss like white liquid that really smells bad. It doesnt really hurt but I can tell it is there when I cycle and I'll eventually drain it my pinching it out like a pimple and it eventually fills back up. What is it and can is there a way to permanently remove it? I have a really small one on the shaft of my penis as well. Doesn't hurt unless i have a lot of friction against it.
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anal fistula, fistulography and excision of tract

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Your symptoms are suggestive of Anal fistula, an abnormal connection between anal skin and surrounding skin.
As a GP I prefer for my patients with this symptoms to get surgeons opinion to be taken. Collected pus needs to be drained out and fistula tract needs to be traced with fistulography and excised completely.
Removing pus by pinching is not a good practice, as it can lead to further infection and spread of it. Try avoid this habit.

One of the rare cause could be Crohn's disease which also presents in this way, but it will also have other bowel symptoms associated with it.

Small pus filled swelling on penis could be spread from this infection from buttocks.
I prefer you to take antibiotic treatment amoxycillin group after consulting surgeon once.

Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further examination and management.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor