Have runny nose, throat pain, slight cough and slight fever. Suggest some medicine

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I have runny nose, sneezing, throat ache, slight cought and slight fever. But i feel i will soon have high fever and heavy cough. It all started two days back with sneezing and cold. Please suggest medicines for relief and for how long should i take it.Iam from Delhi(India) where its very cold right now.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for writing in XXXXXXX

It is very common to have rhinitis in Delhi region in these days. Usually it is due to viral infection. It can be managed on symptomatic basis by taking antipyretic like Combiflam and regular steam inhalation. It will take at least 7 days to get relief.

I will suggest you to have a consultation with ENT specialist, because if there is throat congestion then antibiotics have to be started.

I hope that you have got your query answered. Any follow up is always welcome.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E