Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Have round circles on cheek area. Feel scaly and itching. Suggest medicines until I see a dermatologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 1194 Questions
I believe that I might have ringworm on my face. I have a round circle on my left lower cheek area that I first thought was a bug bite. It is scaly and itches and now I have another patch closer to my ear and neck area. I have jury duty tomorrow . Is there anything I can get over the counter until I can see my dermatologist?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes,probably it is fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to the XXXXXXX

As you have described the lesion, I can make out it as Taenia infection (ring worm) only. Another lesion near by also further confirm the diagnosis.

Confirmation of the diagnosis is done by microbiologist by directly visualizing the scrapings of the lesion.

If you have loaded a photograph of the lesion. it would have been easier to diagnose it with more accuracy.

Application of anti fungal (Clotrimazole/Miconazole cream) three times a day for a week can eradicate the lesion completely.

Avoid sharing of linens like towel and clothes.

Hygiene maintenance.

Plse Rule out diabetes.

Hope the query is answered.

Please feel free for further clarification,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor