Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have rheumatoid arthritis, prescribed indomethacin, have nausea. Permanent cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1985
Answered : 45 Questions
I am suffering from Rhemutaoid Arthiritis. The doctor has pecribed IndoMethyacin Extended release. But I am getting vomiting sensation. Also if i discontinue the medicine for 1-2 days the pain comes back.
I am on dieterary restrictions also
Is there any way I can get cured permanantly and donot have to depend on medication daily?
Right now if i climb stairs or run, the pain occurs.Is there any way i vcan continue these activitied i without pain?
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Praveen Jadhav 7 hours later

If you have rheumatoid arthritis, you need much more than indomethacin. Indomethacin is a pain killer and has to be used till other main drugs used for RA can act. The main drugs used in RA are called DMARDs and include medications such as methotrexate, choloroquine, leflunomide and sulfasalazine. These have to be taken under the supervision of a rheumatologist. So, my suggestion would be to look up for a rheumatologist in your town and get under his treatment.

Unfortunately, RA is not curable. However, it is definitely controllable and you should be able to lead a normal life with a proper guidance. A proper rheumatologist will knock off your painkiller and keep you on minimal possible DMARDs.

Dr Praveen Jadhav
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have rheumatoid arthritis, prescribed indomethacin, have nausea. Permanent cure? 12 hours later
Thank you Sir. please suggest some good rheumatologist in bangalore, if possible
Answered by Dr. Praveen Jadhav 9 hours later
These are a few names of members of Indian Rheumatology Association from Bangalore. These may not neccessarily be rheumatologist, but they may be interested in rheumatology or can guide you to contact a rheumatologist -

E1 - 202, Sriram White house, RT Nagar, Bangalore, 0000, Tel 0000, 0000, YYYY@YYYY

no 29, 5th block, central street, KPW extnsion, Bangalore 0000. 0000.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor