Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Have redness at anus area. Suffer burning sensation. Feeling itching. Feeling painful. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
For about a month and a half now I have had redness at the anus area and it being itchy when i dont touch, and a little burning sensation when i scratch the area. In addition, at times the anus area at the insertion point seems extra moist than usual. The area from my anus to my tailbone is also pinkish red in color and itches once in awhile. It also is painful when i make a movement that stretches the skin. It looks like a cut trying to heal, but the scabbing doesnt look like a normal scab. I dont remember getting cut. Not sure what this is. Some days are better than others, but the itching is seeming to be more prevalent lately.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Your description matches with a possibility of fungal infection.
probably a Candida infection.
I could see the images uploaded by you.can you please upload them again.
It will be of great help to me in diagnosing your condition.
waiting for your response.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have redness at anus area. Suffer burning sensation. Feeling itching. Feeling painful. What can be done? 1 minute later
See the attached pictures
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
prescribed below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the photographs.
it is indeed a fungal infection.
Please apply oint clotrimazole in the evening and sleep.
In morning apply clotrimazole powder in the affected area.
Also take an both histamine tablet like cetrizine.
Do this for a month and you will be relieved.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor