Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have red, swollen foreskin with white layer under it. What is the disease called?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
Hi there is a white layer under my foreskin. It is very smelly, and increases when I masturbate. I know it is not smegma because it has started to dry up the head of the penis. Before it was pink but now its all patchy and yellowish/white. the foreskin is also red and a little swollen. I had this for 3 months now please help. Also I have a very tight foreskin that does not roll down when I pull it back.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 48 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

What you do suffer from is most likely phimosis. This condition is caused by tight foreskin which can not be fully retracted over the glans penis. This inability of retraction causes such white slime accumulation. This slime most likely gets infected by bacteria and gives such strange smell.
To get rid of this layer, you should accurately wash your penis with soap and keep it dry and clean.
Phimosis can be treated with small incision of the foreskin. To have it done, you should visit urologist and get scheduled for small surgery.
This surgery will make your glans penis more accessible for water and soap and will allow you to keep it clean.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red, swollen foreskin with white layer under it. What is the disease called? 16 minutes later
hi, But i cannot wash this as it is more like a skin infection that has become etched all over the head of the penis and when i try to wash it it sticks onto the skin which is dry and patchy.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 minutes later
I thought its more like a slime or smegma.
Such dry and patchy skin of the penis is most likely caused by fungal infection (it would be easier to answer more precisely if you could attach a photo of it, you can also visit, type "penis fungal" and compare if it looks similar to yours). Therefore antifungal cream should be helpful (Fluconazole cream). It should be prescribed by your doctor. Just note that fungal infections needs long time to get treated completely (usually it takes few months).

Hope this will help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor