Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have red spots on penis head and inside skin with slight pus, pain and irritation. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
i have red spots on my penis head and inside of cock skin....slight puss too..pain..irritating
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Balanitis is likely....

Detailed Answer:

Do you mean you have pus discharge or is white collection that normally accumulates under the foreskin?

The red spot with pain and pus discharge (if it is indeed pus discharge) from the glans of penis suggest that this could be balanitis secondary to bacterial infection. If the lesion is not large and pus discharge is not significantly large, I suggest you to clean the area under clear running water. Apply a layer of topical antibiotic agents such as mupirocin (bactroban 2%) cream on the affected area and observe for couple of days.

In the mean time, keep the area clean and dry; maintain good personal hygeine.

If symptoms persist or worsen in the next 3 days, you should see a doctor for detailed evaluation. You might need further investigation such as microscopic study of the pus sample and culture along with urine test to isolate specific infection.

I hope you were not involved in an unprotected sexual intercourse. If yes, before trying any ointment, visit a STD clinic for assessment of sexually transmitted bacterial infections.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red spots on penis head and inside skin with slight pus, pain and irritation. Suggest? 39 minutes later
there is not much puss..just a drop....i have not been involved in sex....what is the name of cream ( market name ) to be used?...any antibiotic ?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
From where do you find pus?

Detailed Answer:

If the pus discharge is from the red spot, you can try 2% bactroban ointment on the affected area for a few days. You can follow the other instructions as mentioned in my previous reply.

But if the discharge is from the urethral meatus (opening) then it is better to get urine routine and culture before using the antibiotics.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor