Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have red spots all over tongue and cheek, lumps on back. What is wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 5147 Questions
I have red spots all over tongue. Lumps on back pf tungue. Asp have XXXXXXX red spot on roof of mouth.
And spots on cheek that appear to be dead skin. What is wrong?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Hi there.

Thanks for the query.

You have provided with good information and I appreciate it. In order to guide you appropriately, I will need a few more details regarding your problem, so please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible.

Since when are you having these problems ?

Do you have fever, ulcers in mouth, sore throat, cough, recent weight loss ?

Any swellings in the neck ?

Are you having 'dead skin' inside the mouth or outside on the cheeks ?

There could be many causes of this clinical picture ranging from infection, inflammation due to smoke, blood problems like neutropenia, immunodeficiency disorders, pharyngitis, drug reaction, allergy etc.

If associated with fever, sore throat, difficulty or pain on swallowing along with cough goes in favor of pharyngitis due to upper respiratory infection and irritation by smoke.

Kindly avoid hard or hot food or fluids. Drink enough water. Avoid smoking, alcohol as well.

It would be be best to consult with your ENT Doctor for a complete checkup and some tests as necessary to make right diagnosis and treatment.

For respiratory infection, usually antibiotic may be prescribed. Steam inhalation also gives relief.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor