Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Have red spot in inner corner of eye is sore and had spread. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I have a red spot in the inner corner of my left eye and have had it for 4 days. It has spread a little further and is now slightly sore. Do I need to see my GP today or wait and see what happens, please?
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

Thank you for posting the query; I have read it with diligence.

It does not seem a serious concern to me as of now. You may want to wait and see what happens for a couple of days.

It is mostly an allergic conjunctivitis. You may consider using artificial tears or eye drops such as refresh tears or add tears.

Maintain adequate hygiene of your eyes. It should be gone in a couple of days. Else, you may want to see your GP after 2-3 days.

Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor