Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have red, sore and bleeding fissure in upper butt crack. What is this?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9330 Questions
red, sore and bleeding fissure (red line) in upper butt crack, what is it? It started small but is now extending out of butt area onto lower back.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer: hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. It sounds like this is inflammed pylonidal sinus or perianal abscess. In both cases,you need to consult surgeon. Rarely it can be managed only by antibiotics,but in most cases surgical incision and drainage under short general anasthesia is necessary. This is short and simple procedure and pain is immidiately relieved. Later,when inflammation subside,pylonidal sinus can be completely exscised and this is permanent cure. Without surgery,pylonidal synus will flare up in future and complications may develop. So,go to hospital and consult surgeon about further treatment. To relief pain,you can have sitz baths in salty water,use stool softeners and have frequent showers. Wish you good health.feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor