Have red skin under arms and looks like raw rashes. What am I suffering from?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My skin under my arms has gone red and looks like a raw rash and its also causing really bad bo
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
From the description and Images provided by you, I feel that you might be suffering with Tinea Corporis infection.

Tinea Corporis is a skin infection due to Fungi. It is also called ringworm of the body. This condition can be treated easily but has chances of recurrence.

Here are some tips to help cure this condition:
1. Keep the skin clean and dry.
2. Use a antifungal Cream containing - Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Terbenifine, or Oxiconazole. These are often effective in controlling ringworm.
3. Wash and dry the area first.
4. Apply the cream, beginning just outside the area of the rash and moving toward the center. Be sure to wash and dry your hands afterward.
5. Use the cream twice a day for 7 to 10 days.
In the meantime, I recommend you to use general cleanliness measures to avoid any infection in that area. Avoid scratching or handling the region with barefingers.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.