Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have red, shiny and itchy granuloma on eyebrows. How to cure this?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
I have I think a granuloma on my eyebrows due to a semipermanent make up, they look red and shiny and can be itchy,my eyebrows look sparse as if they are not growing I have to go to my cosmetic surgeon tomorrow to check an operation on my eyelid because I had also 3 small granulomas but they looked different they were round and looked like skin growth not swollen like the ones in my eyebrows, what can I do? where can I go for help? and can they be cured?

Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 9 hours later
Hi there.
You are heading in the right direction. Your cosmetic surgeon should be able to point you out in the right direction tommorow. In India most of us are dermatologists' in addition to cosmetic surgeons. If such is the case in the Netherlands where you are from, then you are in good hands. Might i suggest a slightly stronger ointment than the hydrocortisone currently used for a few days...say a fluorinated steroid used over 5 days or so. Yes they shoud be easily gotten rid of either with the topical ointment or surgically using a laser as per your cosmetic surgeon's expertise. Do feel free to upload a clear digital photograph of the region. Relax, it will all pan out & hope you recapture your pre-bumps looks soon! Cheers & Good Day!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red, shiny and itchy granuloma on eyebrows. How to cure this? 8 hours later
I have been to the cosmetic surgeon but he says it is scar issue but I felt he was not sure of his diagnostic, my eyebrow is itchy and shiny red, I have not queloid healing as a matter of fact my skin heals good and never had problems with scars so I feel it is an allergic reaction to the tatooe pigment,I am moving to China to live in Shanghai,and this doctor can not trat me until January,as I am going this weekend to China, so I have to ask you what do you think it is and what I should do , do I need a prescription for the fluorinated steroid? , also if you know of any doctor in Shanghai that you could recomend as being good. I am feeling a bit low about it.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 7 minutes later
Hi there.
Stop feeling low bout it.. have seen the photos you sent.
Agree with you that it may be a reaction to the tatoo pigment & may have given rise to an entity called an implantation dermoid. It does appear keloidal to the naked eye but no reason not to apply the steroid cream i suggested. It will help both entities. Am unclear if your Dutch laws permit the sale of mid-potent or fluorinated steroids OTC, but you may try to present your pharmacist with a transcript of this discussion & if he is kind to a good looking woman, he may just give it to you. Am afraid this is the best i can do for you online. Apologies again, i am from India & dont have A particular contact in Shanghai but it is a big city & the yellow pages there will list the top dermatologists' am sure. Do Wish you well & hope the topical steroid cream gets you back on track asap. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red, shiny and itchy granuloma on eyebrows. How to cure this? 32 minutes later
Do I have to go to a cosmetic surgeon in China or a dermatologist? just want to know if it will go away after treatment or will be a long time I have to live with this horrible red bumps?. Please give me the name of a cream you can recomend and I ask for it to the pharmacist and may give me the equivalent if they don't have it, I will try to get it.I am glad you are from India I have great faith in Indian doctors when I lived there I had been treated for my eyes.In Holland the medical care is going downhill for the past 5 years, even though I am a private insured patient I have the same care than the public ones, so doctors are over stressed, I am not happy with the specialist care here at all, and this is the reason why I contacted a doctor online.
Thank you for your help
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 14 hours later
Hello Again.
Apologies that tade names vary between countries but you may try Flutivate a fluorinated mid potency steroid that shoud help you.
Thank you for your faith in Indian Docs.
A dermatologist is probably the one you should neet first & often they have a cosmetology arm to them.
Dont worry even after this query is closed & you are in any part of the world, you are free to contact me & you are most welcome to note my address & if passing through India do call on me if in Bangalore anytime. Cheers & Wish you a blemish free skin soon.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital Bangalore, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor