Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have red ring on top of finger and looks like bruise on the centre. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10458 Questions
i have a red ring on top my finger between 2 knuckles, looks like i drew a shackycircle, it does not itch, hand one on top of left hand last week it went away after a few hours. although it was larger and looked like a bruise in the center, but not raised or dry just discoleration from what i can see, though it has been happening for a few weeks on and off
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
From your description it seems that you are having an insect bite reactions or allergic response to something.
Use a topical corticosteroid-antibiotic (betamethasone-fusidic acid) combination cream that am sure any local pharmacist will supply you OTC (over the counter) in a situation such as this. Please feel free to take a copy of this transcript/discussion that may help you with the pharmacist. This cream may be applied to the individual lesions twice/day for 2-3 days & in addition, you may want to add a non-sedative antihistamine that may help relieve the lesions swiftly (fexofenadine180mg).
In case the lesions are persistent then it is best to consult a dermatologist for a direct examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor