Have red rashes on inner thigh. Can I apply neo clobenate- gm?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: i have a rash on inner thigh ,the skin in the affected area has got folds and has turned red. looks like i lost a little skin there. what should i do...?
can i apply neo clobenate- gm
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause of rash in inner thighs is a fungal infection, called as tinea cruris.

There is redness, along with itching in this condition.

You can use neo clobenate GM cream in the affected area to get relief.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
what should i do to prevent it from spreading and how should i take care of it...?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Thank you for getting back.
You should apply the cream twice a day- first in the morning after bath, and second at bed time. It should be continued for 4-6 weeks.
After bath, do not leave the area wet, you should wipe it clean.
These measures would ensure that it does not spread.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM