Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have red painful eye with head pain at back. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1540 Questions
In my right eye it got red colour. Sometime it get pain and behind my head sometime i feel pain. Should i consult eye doctor or general physician.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can see an ophthalmologist Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Red colour in your eye can be due to many causes. If it is just a spot of red colour in the white area of the eye, then it can be a sub-conjunctival bleed. But these bleeds are usually painless and happen after rubbing of the eye, etc. Since you feel that it has pain and headache also sometimes, it may be related to headache. Anyways first we need a consultation with an ophthalmologist to find if there is any local cause for red colour of eye like increased intra-ocular pressure, infection etc. Thus a visit to an ophthalmologist is the next best step to take. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red painful eye with head pain at back. Should I consult a doctor? 2 minutes later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thankyou Detailed Answer: Thanks for consulting Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor