Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have red itchy rashes on lower extremities, arms and back. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 393 Questions
My husband has a rash that resembles ring worm. Red raise circular shaped,itch. They are on his lower extremetiies,a couple on his arm and lower back. Difficult to get him to see anyone. Any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 25 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

In case of ringworm or Tinea Corporis, the lesion is usually a round to oval ring, with a central clearing and some scales as it grows. It might be single and multiple.

Treatment consists of application of a topical antifungal cream twice daily for 2-3 weeks. In certain cases, an oral anti fungal may be required.

There are other possible diagnoses in case of a similar annular shaped lesion as well.
You can upload a picture of his lesions here (in good resolution) in order to help me to guide you better. You can send them to


with the Subject line as ATTN DR.TANUSHREE BISWAS.

I will be eager to help you with your follow-up questions.

Best Wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor