Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have red itchy pimples on face. Prescribed Deriva MS gel,Clindac A and Isotroin-20. Suggest

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 822 Questions
hello i am XXXXX ,22 years old ,and i have big red itching pimples on my face (on the left and right cheek ) and some pimples extend below to my chin, I visited Apollo Hospital for consulting a Dermatologist ,and he prescribed me Deriva MS gel,Clindac A ,Isotroin-20 and a fash foam facewash,i have been using these medicines from the past 6 days but i see no results on my face and the doctor told me that it would take 3 months session to entirely get rid of the Acne or Pimples. I feel very bad after seeing my face,it looks terrible,kindly help!
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

I can feel your concerns.

The medications provided are for acne and pimples and they took 2 to 3 months for its effect.

Acne usually develop at this age group due to hormonal changes and oily diet.

I recommend you to take Vitamin A along with the rest of medication.
Do regular exercise for quick metabolism of the toxic substances in your body.
Drink 13 to 15 glasses of water and use more vegetable and fruits.

Wishing you a speedy recovery


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red itchy pimples on face. Prescribed Deriva MS gel,Clindac A and Isotroin-20. Suggest 11 hours later
But if i drink so many glasses of water ,i wont get time to work and i will be busy drinking water all the time.What type of excercises should i do?
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 27 minutes later
Thanks for writing back ,

You can place a glass of water at your working place. And make sure you drink them. Water will give your skin natural freshness.

In addition do jogging for 40 minutes daily.

Hope I answered you. If you do not have any other clarification you can close the discussion and rate the query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor