Have red crack on foreskin. What is the cause? Any permanent solution?

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi,
I have issue with penis forskin. There is cracks ( red cut marks) on the forskin of penis. When I stretch the skin or pull it then it gives much pain and crack (cuts) appears. I have try to use oil but no benefits.
When I try to strech my foreskin fully back, I got bleeding from it. Could you guide me in getting permanent solution.
Will this cause any problem . . ? Will any of the creams take care and make cure of these small tears . . ? It would be nice if I get a permanent solution . .
Also want to know what is the root cause for these kind of tears . . ?
Kindly requesting your help and also to provide any medicines for recovering of these tears on foreskin . .

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

I can understand your suffering. In medical science treatment is given according to cause of problem. So first step in any treatment process is diagnosis of problem.

Red cracks on foreskin of penis can occur in multiple condition, in following hierarchy:
-Infection of penile skin: Like fungal, viral and bacterial. Chances increases if you are sexually active. In such cases after examination investigations like VDRL test, biopsy and blood tests needed to know the nature of infection.
-Tight foreskin of penis: It lead to ulceration and cracks whenever skin is rolled back on glans penis. In such cases treatment options are skin stretching exercise and circumcision.
-Dryness of skin: May occur due to autoimmune skin diseases and vitamin deficiency. So, take healthy diet and multivitamins. Creams like Vaseline help in reducing dryness of skin.
-Cancer of penile skin: chances are rare in your case. Usually it is associated with fungating growth.

So, It is better to get examined by dermatologist first, so that cause of your problem can be identified, and according to problem treatment can be given.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 10 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Mittal,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Till date I haven't been sexually active. I would masturbate regularly. When my penis is in shortened position I am able to pull my foreskin back.

But when my penis is fully stretched, I feel the difficulty to pull the foreskin back. I find it difficult to pull it back after a certain distance from my penis head. At that time of pulling, I am able to see the cracks on the foreskin.

If I undergo circumcision, will it cause any disadvantage to my sexual activities in future. I am bit afraid of that. Could you make me to understand on that.

Is there any treatment way instead of circumcision . . ? like ointments, creams . . ? and exercises . . ?

Also help me in consulting a doctor in person. I am living in shollinganallur, Chennai. Could you please make any reference. By telling name of any doctor and clinic. . ?

It would be grateful to me, if any solution is provided.

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 12 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Without sexual history, still there is chances of developing following problem which need to rule out by dermatologist:
-Fungal infection of penile skin like tinea and candiadis.

Tight foreskin of penis can occur due to poor hygiene. It lead to ulceration and cracks whenever skin is rolled back on glans penis. In such cases treatment options are skin stretching exercise and circumcision.

Stretching exercise: In this foreskin is manually stretched 2-3 times per day with mild force to widen its opening. It is used only for mild phimosis and take several months to show improvement. You can either grab each side of the foreskin opening (with the foreskin forward) and gently pull on each side of the opening or, even better, insert the ends of two fingers, even the little fingers and pull them gently apart. Stretch the opening in this way until it feels uncomfortably stretched but not actually painful. You can use Vaseline for lubrication.

But Circumcision is best treatment option. Circumcision can be done at any age, even at your age too. It is very safe and easy procedure (take less then 5 Minute). You will have to wait only 1-2 week for sex after circumcision.

For consultation you can visit nearby dermatologist and surgeon. For that you can take help of XXXXXXX website.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.
Regards.