Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have red bumps on foreskin after having sex. Hurts while pulling back. What are the risks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
I have red bumps on my foreskin the day after having sex. I am not very sexual active except once in a while. my foreskin kind of hurts a little but when I pull it back also. I dont know if its just not use to be used or what. Is it anything to be worried about.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 3 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

I understood your problem however it would be good if you can answer few of my queries:
1) Are there any symptoms over the red bump on the penis like itching or pain ?
2) Have you had this any time before ?
3) Did you use a condom (was it a protected or unprotected sex).
4) Do you observe any tiny water filled vesicles over the penis?
5) Any whitish discharge or burning micturation ?
6) Have you had any fever along with this?

Your answer to these questions would help me guide you better .

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.
With history what you have submitted ,there seems to two possibilities.
One it could either be inflammatory response to the friction during sexual activity .And second it could just be a fungal infection.

It is also very important to understand that whether the partner was known to you or not.If the partner was not known to you then you should go for various investigations to rule out any STD(sexually transmitted diseases).As of now the lesion what you have described doesn't fit in to any STD.But in case you get a ulcer or persisting nodule over the penis or white discharge through urethra ,then kindly get investigated properly.

If you can reply me with the answers to my above questions , I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.
Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red bumps on foreskin after having sex. Hurts while pulling back. What are the risks? 12 minutes later
There is a little bitch of itching on the foreskin, not much. there look like bumps but when I feel them i cant really feel that they are there. I haven't had this before. I did not use a condom. not any water filled vesicles. no discharge or burning. I have never has a fever. I did know the partner.
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later

Thank you for the reply,

Going through your answers it seems its just a fungal infection .I would advise you to use a anti-fungal cream over the area for few weeks and observe.If the cream is not an over the counter medicine then kindly consult a dermatologist for proper prescription.

If there is no improvement then I would advise you to go for all the investigations to rule out any STD .

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor