Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have red blotchy rash on genitals. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I have a rash on my genitals it starts by my ball sack on my leg and goes to the top and around my hair line it is red and blotchy also have a smell kinda like an after sex smell I attched some pic of the area also can the DR can call in prescriptions if needed?
Posted Sun, 13 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering from can be tinea cruris. It is a common fungal infection.
Treatment consists of antifungal drugs.
Keep the area clean and dry.
Apply lamisyl cream twice daily.
Wash all your clothes with antiseptic added water.
Avoid sweating and wetness in the area.
The infection should subside by 2-3 weeks.
Lamisyl cream is available over the counter without prescription.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
MD dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor