Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have red blotches under the skin of lower legs. Feels bruise and hurts to touch. Remedy?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
yes, I have red blotches under my skin lower legs, burns and when touched they are hot and feel bruised, the blotches are above my ankles app. 6'' on my leg, my legs feel tight
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to help you answer your health query,

According to your description the red blotches could be as a result of a benign skin infection probably due to staph and will require antibiotics of the penicillin group in order to be able to treat it (other classes can work too). I would have loved to be able to see some pictures of the lesions you are trying to describe so as to be able to tell by observation the most probable cause. Other microbes can cause those blotches notably fungi, viral etc.
Another alternative cause of those red blotches (given your medical history of lung cancer) could be petechial lesions (blood clot beneath the skin) and various causes could be responsible.
A dermatologist would be able to help in this situation if you can get to his/her consultation room.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red blotches under the skin of lower legs. Feels bruise and hurts to touch. Remedy? 20 hours later
are you telling me that I should see a Dr. that it could be serious? Could I see my primary Dr. and what would be needed to determine the results?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 10 hours later

Yes you need to see a doctor but I don't think it is too serious. A primary care doctor can handle that. Some few blood tests could help determine the cause and provide appropriate treatment.

Hope this helps
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor