Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have red blind pimple like eruptions on nose. Allergy or sun damage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 695 Questions
I have red blind pimple like eruptions on my nose and chin which have come and gone in the last 6 months. They are red and unsightly and sometimes quite raw and open. Could this be a result of sun damage or a reaction to some food eg strawberries? I am 75 years old and have not had a previous problem with these type of skin eruptions.
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sun allergy,Photograph will help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It seems you are having sun allergy.

The lesions are confined to exposed areas like face which are more prone to sun damage.

Food allergies do not manifest in this manner commonly.

Sun allergy or photo dermatitis is a primary clinical impression and at times it can be due to certain underlying skin disorders.

A photograph will help to find out exact cause.This facility is available in this forum.It will help me to guide in a better way.

Avoid sun exposure as far as possible. Applying sunscrrens is a good option but at times it can lead to sensitivity.

Physical protection like covering up face will be better.

Use mild soap or a cleansing lotion like cetaphil for face.

Avoid any cosmetics over face.

These are just some primary instructions.We can continue our discussion in a much better way if you upload a photograph here.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor