Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have red area around the whole penis. Feels itchy. Had foreplay. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
I have a little red area around the whole where the penis goes in. Its a little bit itchy. I am still version but I did some foreplay with one guy. Could this red area XXXXXXX or something?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Examination is necessary!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for discussing your problem with us.
penetrative sex is not necessary for transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Rubbing of genital area & contact with genital secretions may result in transmission of infection.
This may represent just minor irritation from secretions, allergy, fungal infection or a STD.
So, best is to visit a Gynecologist & get yourself examined. The doctor may suggest some cream for local application if this is a minor infection or may suggest some swab test or blood tests to rule out STDs.
Hope this clears your query. Please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor